Friday, July 3, 2015

L'Oreal Ultimate Straight Hair System

Disclaimer:  I received these items to review from Influester.  This doesn't change my opinion; you guys know I'm brutally honest.  Also, these items are not cruelty free, and they are not vegan.

I received the Influester Voxbox for the Ultimate Straight hair system from L'Oreal Paris USA.  It's a four piece system including your usual shampoo and conditioner, but also a pre-conditioner and a smoothing balm.  I really like the packaging for these products because I can tell what they are without having my contacts in, which is not unheard of when I shower.

The packages are easy to tell apart when I'm half blind.
Straightening Shampoo:  My hair is a medium texture, completely virgin, and my primary concerns are frizz and my oily scalp.  I always shampoo twice, and I only wash my hair twice a week.  That means I need a shampoo to be clarifying, but not leave my hair dry.  This shampoo fit the bill. This leaves my hair straight and smooth, but without leaving a build up in my hair.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Shampoo is the hardest for my hair.

Straight Boosting Pre-conditioner: The first time I used this, I didn't completely read the instructions and rinsed it out.  I wasn't sure it made a difference, until I used it a second time, following the directions.  I definitely think this makes a difference in my hair, and I would rather use a rinse out pre-condition than a leave in product.

Straightening Conditioner: I really like this conditioner.  It is thick and easy to work with, but it rinses cleanly and doesn't leave my hair weighed down.  I am a fan.  My hair is silky and soft, but not heavy or oily.  There really isn't much else to say, it's exactly what my hair needs.

Straight Perfecting Balm: This is a product that I think would be helpful if I was actually heat styling.  I tried a little of it and didn't hate it, but it wasn't what I really like to use.  I prefer something I can spritz where I need it, instead of balms or creams that I have to work through my hair.  I think girls with course hair or those who are actually using a flat iron would love this balm.  I may pass this on to one of the girls at work to try, or try it in Aaron's hair.

Overall // Tl; Dr:  I would recommend this system!  My hair seems to be doing well with it.  I could also see this working for a large range of hair textures and types.  If you do any chemically processing to your hair (treatment, color), it's important that you know that this is not a sulfate free line.

That's some mermaid hair if I may say so.


UPDATE:  I am posting this update on 8/28/2015.  I am experiencing a TON of hair loss.  The only thing that has changed is this shampoo.  My last shower, I switched to another shampoo and conditioner and I'm already noticing less hair loss.  I don't know what to say about that.  I don't want to say it was making my hair fall out, but it appears to have been the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment