Sunday, March 11, 2012

FOTD: Bronzed Goddess!

Today my co-workers and I were supposed to be bronzed goddesses (except for Christopher, who was supposed to be a bronzed god).  Most of us embraced them theme except for one girl who thought it was neon day.. (She still looked beautiful, by the way.)


For my face, I started off with Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer all over the face (and probably on my eyes, too?) after I moisturized.  I needed to look bronzed, so I wore foundation that's a touch too dark (read:  only a little too dark, nothing tragically different), which in this case is the Dior Diorskin Sculpt in 020 (not vegan or cruelty-free).  I blended it down my neck to ensure it would look natural.  I followed that up with my MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC20 (no longer cruelty-free, doubt it was ever vegan).  I set my entire face and neck with the ELF Pressed Powder in Sand (cruelty free and probably vegan), which matches me brilliantly when I have a bit of a summer glow, but right now is also a touch to dark.  I used the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer to contour (cruelty free but probably not vegan) and considered adding a shimmer-y bronzer like ELF's Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Warm Tan, but settled for highlighting with their same powder in Luminance (cruelty free).  The cute pop of color on my cheeks is the Fox in a Box blush Skinny Dipping (cruelty free).  Then it was time to move on to the eyes.


I started off with my Too Faced Shadow Insurance all over the eye, then added the Tokidoki Perfetto liner in Sabochan for brows (both cruelty-free).  For my shadow, I used the Stila duo I received from my friend Jess called Blushing Beauty - Set 1.  The inner eye color is called Karat, and the outer corner is the color Bronze.  I used the Wet n Wild single Brulee for a brow highlight and to set my brows.  I love how thls look turned out, even if it's not photographing all that brilliantly.  I lined the lower water liner and the out half of the upper waterline with my Sephora Waterproof Eye Kohl in Keep Black.  Mind you, that was almost exactly 12 hours ago and my waterline is still pretty black.  I added two coats of the Tarte Amazonian Clay mascara called Gifted to the lashes and headed out to work.

I didn't put on any lip color until it was time to start my day, and that item is currently unreleased and I'll be telling you all about that when it launches so you have to wait until then.  =]

FTC:  In this post, I received the Dior & Tarte items from work.  Jess sent me the Stila duo and the ELF pressed powder.  Everything else I paid for myself.  These are my honest opinions and no one is paying me to do this post.

1 comment: