Thursday, January 24, 2013

Phototutorial: MSC's the Bride

Today's look is inspired by the fact that I have yet to meet a Madd Style Cosmetix green that I didn't absolutely love.  Seriously, it's a fact.  The Bride arrived in the mail and it was love at first sight.


 Pictured here: Tarte Gifted mascara, Tarte Lash Primer, Madd Style Cosmetics Optimus Primer, Tick:Tock Infinity eye base in Black Hole, MSC loose pigments in Adipose, the Bride and the Silence, MSC cheek color in Rebel Lollipop, MAC eye kohl in Fascinating and Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Perversion.

In the picture above, I have primed my eye with Optimus primer & applied Black Hole, starting at the outer corner of the eye and blending it inward and up into the crease.

I applied the Silence in the exact same fashion here, using a fluffy brush for a soft finish.  We're doing the Silence before the Bride because of the texture differences.

I added MSC's the Bride literally all over the lid, blending it out toward the browbone and into the inner corner of the eye.

I added a healthy dose of Adipose into the inner corner of the eye, as well as heavily concentrated as a dramatic brow highlight (start in the arch and blend toward the front of the brow, the end, and lastly down into the crease).

I tightlined the top with Perversion, but got a little heavy with it to make it stand out a little more, and added Fascinating to the lower waterline to keep the look from getting too dark.

I added the Lash Primer, and before it had a chance to dry completely, I added Gifted over top.  I've learned that you have to do this with the Lash Primer, otherwise it's a little too crunchy to apply mascara over.


& you're done!  I have Rebel Lollipop on my cheeks in this shot & I'm in love with it.  I'm sorry I've been MIA for a while.  I'll have a vlog/blog up soon to tell you where I've been.  Right now I'm using my landlord's internet (with his permission of course), so there's a pretty big hint to why I've been gone.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely!! The white on the lower lash line to balance it was a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. play bazaar

    play bazaar

    satta king Building muscle needs a true commitment that lasts a while, so it's important for you to keep yourself motivated.

    ReplyDelete