Tuesday, February 7, 2012

REVIEW: Beauty Without Cruelty!

I am extremely excited to be reviewing these products from Beauty Without Cruelty.  This is a brand that had brought to my attention, and I was, of course, very intrigued.  There aren't a lot of full color cosmetic lines out there that are cruelty free and vegan.  If you'd like to know where BWC came from, read their bio here on their page.

So what did they send me?

L to R: Natural Cream Concealer in Fair, the Natural Infusion Lipstick in Deep Plum & the Aromatherapy Skin Care AHA Facial Cleanser





Let's start with the concealer.  It's creamy, it's rich, and precise in the best way possible.  I've never used a pencil concealer like this and I really appreciate how easy it is to conceal around my nose around it, as this is where some of my serious redness is.  It's also easy to use under the eyes and blend out with my C425 Tapered Concealer from Crown (they're a match made in heaven).  It's available for $15.95.

The lipstick is hydrating and very pretty.  However, because it's hydrating, I suggest using a primer or a good lip liner first, and like you should with any high contrast lip look, set the edges with concealer or powder.  I love the color payoff, and the color in general of Deep Plum.  There aren't a lot of vegan lipstick lines with this many colors.  Even the packaging is absolutely adorable.  They are $22.95 each.

The face wash is amazing and also breaking my heart.  I was using it morning and night, but I'm going to have to reduce this to just morning because I'm starting to get a little flaky around my chin, sadly.  Other than that, I have no complaints about this cleanser and I love how soft my skin feels after I use it.  This item could possibly become a holy grail item, as I plan to repurchase.  It runs for $11.95 for 8.5 fl oz.

Overall, I'd have to say that I am very satisfied with Beauty Without Cruelty.  The prices teeter around the lower side of high end, or the higher end of drug store for the most part.  The products are good, and even better, they are vegan!  I definitely recommend trying something from Beauty Without Cruelty today!  You can start by entering the giveaway on my youtube!  ;)

FTC:  These items were sent to me by BWC's PR department for use and consideration.  I was not compensated for this review.  These are my honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment